41 lessons Life Taught Me From A 90 Year Old
I received an email thread, that contained 41 Lessons Life Taught me. Before I give you the 41 lessons, I want to include what information I have on who orginally wrote this. if anyone has more information please comment. I would like to make sure the proper credit is given.
Written By: Regina Brett, 90 years old in The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio. (The Plain Dealer is Cleveland Ohios Largest Newspaper.) “To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 41 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:”
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it..
13. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind..
14. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
15. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
16. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
17. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
18. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
19. Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
20. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
21.. The most important sex organ is the brain.
22. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
23. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ”In five years, will this matter?”
24. Always choose life.
25. Forgive everyone everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
32. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
33. Your children get only one childhood.
34. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
38. The best is yet to come.
39. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
41. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Founder & CEO, Ntirety
My Personal Twitter Account: Michael_Corey
Ntirety Corporate Twitter Account: Ntirety