Simple Ways to Protect Yourself Online
In our lives we use the internet each and every day. Yet many of us forget to do some of the very simple things that will protect yourself online. Be it reading our email or just surfing the web from our laptop or iPad.
Here are some very simple things you can do to Protect Yourself Online.
- Keep your software up-to-date. Especially your operating system, anti-virus, firewall, and any other security software? you use. Many people forget to update the router in your home. Also don’t forget the applications you use, be it Microsoft Office or just a recipe program. Its very important to keep software up-to-date. This is an easy way to protect your self online.
- Within you browser be it Firefox, Google Chrome, of Safari. Make sure you have enabled the pop-up blockers. A lot of malicious attacks use pop-up ads to spread malware. The easiest way to avoid accidentally clicking a malicious pop-up is if it never happens in the first place.
- Never click on a link in an unsolicited email, text, or any other messages you receive. You have just authorized them to download malicious code onto your device.
- Never download anything from people you don’t know. Even if you know them, if you are not expecting anything don’t take the chance. They may have been hacked.
- Make sure the settings on your phone, tablet, computer or any other Internet-connected device?are set so that nothing can be downloaded without your permission.
For more advice on how to protect yourself Online. I would recommend reading my blog article titled “Cyber Monday – How to Shop Safely“.? As you can see their are a number of common sense things you can do to protect yourself online.
My Blog: http://michaelcorey.com/
My Personal Twitter Account:?Michael_Corey
Columnist for the Big Data Quarterly. <Click Here to Subscribe Big Data Quarterly>